THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Our first night without Daddy :-(

My Papas received good news from his work "a little promotion" about a month ago which required training in order for him to be certified. I know it's something involving the DWI breathalyzer machine. I was very happy for him when he received his news. He had only been at his work a little over a year and they (his boss and the chief) selected him to attend this training. Way to go Papas! The only down fall was that the training was going to be in San Antonio for a WEEK. We have never been apart from each other for that long, not when we were dating, not when we were married w/o children, hora menos with boys. So today arrived, the day he would be leaving for training with 3 other co-workers. Our boys didn't really understand that Daddy was going to be away for 5 days. Ariel went to give the boys a kiss good-bye; they were to busy with the idea that they were going to the beach. So they gave Daddy a kiss Alec said "bye dad, see you laler, i love you", Aaron being the big boy that he is only says "bye dad", and as Aiden is waiving bye he sees Ariel getting in the car and he starts crying which made me tear.... Anyways, the day goes on and we take the boys to the beach so they won't feel that their daddy isn't here. Well as soon as we get home, after baths and eating, the boys start asking for Daddy, questioning "when is coming home", "why did he have to go to school" the questions are non stop and the crying starts.... "i miss my daddy", "i want him to come home"... Boy does this break my heart... I think the crying lasted about 3 hours ~ no joke! I even had to bring Buela for the rescue. I had Ariel on speaker and the boys couldn't even talk to him, con tanto sentimento... I love my husband! We have our ups and downs and drive each other crazy, literally, but I would never ever leave him. I miss him soooo much too and we are just on day one. Hopefully the days get easier for me, especially the boys.... My little sister had a good idea, for the boys to make him a little something each day he's gone so they can show him when he returns.....

1 comments:

Sal said...

wow, thats a pretty happy sad story :(

has to be tough on ariel also. dont know how i will be if that ever happens to me.