Well some of you may know (the ones I've told), my dad is here visiting for a couple of months. He and I have not had the best relationship as a matter of fact we have had almost no relationship. If you read my previous posts you get a better understanding of that; a little. Anyways, he hurt is back on the job so he is on workers comp. He decided to take advantage and come be with his mom (my grandmother) for the time being; which is cool I guess. He had been here for a couple of weeks and I had not seen him until Easter. Aaron is in tee ball, so when one of my sisters told him that he was in tee ball he got excited cuz he likes the sport. Well on Easter he stopped by for a couple of hours. I had previously told Aaron that his Grandpa Jerry was going to come over and teach him a few tricks. Since Aaron's only seen him a handful of times he said "which grandpa, the one with the black and white hair or the one with the beard" LOL I don't know which grandpa with a beard he was talking about. So when my dad arrived at my house Aaron right away had this bright smile and said "Grandpa you played baseball are you going to teach me how to play". Going back to the beginning of this post, me and my dad didn't have a good relationship as I was growing up and to hear MY son call him grandpa with such excitement in his eyes just touched my heart... My children deserve to have their Grandpa in their lives, I just don't want him to disappointed like he did me... I know this is God's way of making me realize things. I believe this our (Me and my Dad's) second chance. I've held on to this grudge too long. I'll leave the outcome to the Lord above. I just pray that my dad doesn't hurt his grandkids... You know the weird thing about it is that when he's here my boys treat him like they've known him forever.... It brings a smile to my face when I look out the window and see my dad playing with the boys....warm feeling!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Awe, So so happy for you and the kids! I hope they always stay close. Don't think negative..
Post a Comment