Can boys have that motherly instinct? I think my boys have it! This morning when as we walked out to go to work/school there was a baby kitten lying on the front porch. It looked like it was dead but as I got closer I noticed that it was moving. I called for Ariel, he picked up the kitten a put it in his old car that we have parked outside (other cats have had their litters there before). Anyways, later on in the morning Ariel was going to pick up Alec from school and to his surprise as he walked out there was another kitten. He thought someone was playing a joke on him. That kitten was moving a little. So he got that kitten and put it in the car as well. When he got back from picking up Aaron from school, he saw the mama cat taking only one of her kittens. She left the first one that fell behind. :-( The boys called me right away to work and were telling me the whole story.... super cute.... So, when I got home from work I checked on the baby kitten and sure enough the baby kitten was still there. The mama cat did not come back for her...... Ariel and I are not cat people; we are dog lovers.... So taking in a cat is not what we would normally do. But as we saw the boys really caring for the kitten and begging to keep it, how could we say no so we just gave in... I felt kinda bad also after see how she looked. The poor baby kitten has a big chi-chote on her head that caused her right to close. I hope se doesn't have some kind of brain damage.......... We'll see how it goes, hopefully she'll get better...... I guess we'll have to think of a name... Any suggestions??? We'll see what the boys think of!
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Awe, pobresita! She's winking at me! We're not crazy about cats either..
Not a cat person really, but I would name her Quasi, for quasimoto, but its a girl, so lets the boys be original with the name , hehe. Kids give the weirdest names to pets.
Post a Comment